A COINS member, Jan Roksvold, has publicly defended his Ph.D. thesis titled “Some combinatorial invariants determined by Betti numbers of Stanley-Reisner ideals”. The defense took place at University of Tromsø 8th of September.
- Associate Professor Johan Peder Hansen from Department of Mathematics at Aarhus University (1st opponent)
- Maître Assistant Relinda Jurrius from Institut de mathématiques at the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland (2nd opponent)
- Professor Boris Kruglikov, Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Tromsø – Norway’s Arctic University (internal member and committee chairman)
- Professor Trygve Johnsen, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science and Technology
Head of disputation:
- Dean Morten Hald, Faculty of Science and Technology