Ph.D. started in: 2018
Expected year of graduation: 2022
COINS consortium member: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Supervised by: Poul Heegaard
Research area: Network Security
Project title: Developing a low-latency, secure and dependable communication architecture for Microgrid protection and Control
Project description: The main objective of the Ph.D. is to develop an architecture and a set of communication services that can support protection schemes for LV and MV grids (specically for microgrids) and investigate the potential in 5G mobile communication to provide low-latency, secure, and dependable communication services.
The methods to be applied are not decided yet.
- Kashif Mehmood, Handunneththi V. Kalpanie Mendis, Katina Kralevska, Poul Einar Heegaard (2021). Intent-based Network Management and Orchestration for Smart Distribution Grids
- Handunneththi V. Kalpanie Mendis, Poul Einar Heegaard, Vicente Casares-Giner, Frank Yong Li, Katina Kralevska (2021). Transient Performance Modelling of 5G Slicing with Mixed Numerologies for Smart Grid Traffic
- Handunneththi V. Kalpanie Mendis, Indika A.M. Balapuwaduge, Frank Yong Li (2019). Dependability-Based Reliability Analysis in URC Networks: Availability in the Space Domain
- Handunneththi V. Kalpanie Mendis, Poul Einar Heegaard, Katina Kralevska (2019). 5G Network Slicing as an Enabler for Smart Distribution Grid Operations
- Handunneththi V. Kalpanie Mendis (2018). 5G enabling digitalization of the distribution grid
- IEEE SmartGridComm, Aalborg, Denmark, 2018