The topic of the summer school – secure implementation of cryptographic software – was chosen based on a poll among COINS students.
Six invited lecturers, sixteen students from COINS and SWITS, an international researcher, supervisors and an industry representative contributed to the programme. The topics of the lectures were:
- Lejla Batina, Radboud University: Attacks on embedded crypto implementations
- Justin Cappos, New York University: Securing software development for computationally weak devices
- Paris Kitsos, Digital IC dEsign and Systems Lab (DICES Lab), Computer and Informatics Engineering Dept (CIED), TEI of Western Greece, Patras, Greece: Detection of Hardware Trojans
- Mark Ryan, University of Birmingham: Protection of code execution using Intel SGX
- Peter Schwabe, Radboud University: Optimizing crypto software on embedded microcontrollers
- Alexandra Weber, Darmstadt University of Technology: Approaches to Reliable Side-Channel Security
An example of summer school report by Alexander Lindner (SWITS).