The first COINS summer school on cloud security is over. It was held successfully at the Metochi Study Centre on the Greek island of Lesvos, operated by University of Agder, one of the consortium members of COINS.
The topic of the summer school – cloud security – was chosen by poll among COINS students. The programme committee consisted of Ijlal Loutfi, Patrick Bours, and Hanno Langweg.
Six invited lecturers, twelve students, and two supervisors contributed to the programme. The topics of the lectures were:
- Andrei Costin: Security of Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) for Cloud and HPC. Hands-on assessment, analysis and countermeasures.
- Kaniz Fatema: Privacy in cloud environment
- Daniel Hedin: Cloud Application Security
- Zhiqiang Lin: Everything You Need to Know about VMI
- Sandra Scott-Hayward: SDN Security
- Sachin Shetty: Moving Target Defense and End-to-End Defense against Kernel Rootkits in a Cloud Environment
Most of the participants had used the opportunity to pay a visit to ENISA in Athens on the way to the summer school on the island.
Date and topic for the COINS summer school in 2016 will be determined early next year.
A bold idea is to have a COINS student defend his or her thesis during the summer school next year.