The topic of the summer school – authentication – was chosen by input from COINS students.
Five invited lecturers, sixteen students from COINS and SWITS, and two supervisors contributed to the programme. The topics of the lectures were:
- Mike Just, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK: Usable security and authentication
- Paris Kitsos, Digital IC dEsign and Systems Lab (DICES Lab), Computer and Informatics Engineering Dept (CIED), TEI of Western Greece, Patras, Greece: Hardware authenticity – Detection of Hardware Trojans and PUFs
- Herbert Leitold, A-SIT, Austria: Federated identity management, STORK, eIDAS
- Ravi Borgaonkar, University of Oxford: Authentication and related threats in 2G/3G/4G networks
- Yong Guan, Iowa State University, USA: Network Forensics – Challenges and Open Problems
Most of the participants had used the opportunity to pay a visit to ENISA in Athens on the way to the summer school on the island.