Ph.D. started in: 2020
Expected year of graduation: 2023
COINS consortium member: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Supervised by: Sokratis Katsikas, Vasileios Gkioulos, Runar Ostnes
Research area: Network Security
Project title: Cybersecurity of the Integrated Bridge System (IBS) on Conventional Vessels
Project description: The primary objective of the research project is to develop validated means for improving the cyber resilience of the IBS in conventional vessels. This breaks down into a number of secondary objectives, as follows:
• Mapping the current state of IBS cybersecurity and resilience with respect to risks, regulations and mitigating measures.
• Develop a testbed for testing and demonstrating the cyber resilience of the IBS and the conning system.
• Identify, design, develop, test and validate methods and measures to detect, prevent, respond to, and recover from cyber-attacks against IBS systems, that include tools for assessing the cybersecurity of maritime digital systems, in particular of IBS and conning systems.
- Ahmed Walid Amro, Aybars Oruc, Vasileios Gkioulos, Sokratis Katsikas (2022). Navigation Data Anomaly Analysis and Detection
- Aybars Oruc, Vasileios Gkioulos, Sokratis Katsikas (2022). Towards a Cyber-Physical Range for the Integrated Navigation System
- Aybars Oruc (2022). Ethical Considerations in Maritime Cybersecurity Research
- Aybars Oruc (2022). Potential Cyber Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Protections of Unmanned Vehicles
- Aybars Oruc (2022). Tools for Organizing an Effective Virtual Academic Conference
- Aybars Oruc (2021). Requirements for Productivity in the Academic Environment
- Aybars Oruc (2021). Testbed architecture for the Integrated Navigation System (INS)
- Aybars Oruc (2020). Claims of State-Sponsored Cyberattack in the Maritime Industry
- COINS summer school, Zoom, Zoom, 2021