Ph.D. started in: 2016
Expected year of graduation: 2019
COINS consortium member: University of Stavanger
Supervised by: Chunming Rong, Chunlei Li
Research area: Privacy
Project title: Information Security in Cloud Computing
Project description: Cloud computing is a promising Internet-based computing model for enabling ubiquitous, on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources. Yet, failure to ensure appropriate security protection when using cloud services could ultimately result in eliminating any of the potential benefits of cloud computing.
While security and privacy concerns are similar across cloud services and traditional non-cloud services, those concerns are amplified by the existence of external control over organizational assets and the potential for mismanagement of those assets. Transitioning to public cloud computing involves a transfer of responsibility and control to the cloud provider over information as well as system components that were previously under the customer’s direct control. Despite this inherent loss of control, the cloud service customer still needs to take responsibility for its use of cloud computing services in order to maintain situational awareness, weigh alternatives, set priorities, and effect changes in security and privacy that are in the best interest of the organization. The customer must ensure integration of cloud computing services with their systems for managing security and privacy. In this research, we will look into different security aspects of cloud computing
and propose appropriate solutions correspondingly.
- Bikash Agrawal, Jayachander Surbiryala, Rong Chunming (2017). Resource Allocation in Cloud-Based Distributed Cameras
- Jayachander Surbiryala (2017). PhD Forum: Improving the Security for Storing the Big Data in Cloud Environment
- Jayachander Surbiryala, Chunlei Li, Rong Chunming (2017). A framework for improving security in cloud computing
- COINS Finse winter school, Finse, Norway, 2017
- COINS/SWITS Ph.D. student seminar, Oslo, Norway, 2017
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Summer School, Stockholm, Sweden, 2017
- COINS Summer School on Authentication, Metochi, Greece, 2016