Ph.D. started in: 2019
Expected year of graduation: 2023
COINS consortium member: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Supervised by: Stewart Kowalski, Basel Katt
Research area: Security Management
Project title: Societal safety in transformation – digitalization and information security awareness in civil society and civil emergency
Project description: One of the major goals of the research is to enlighten the security-competence within the Norwegian society, included the existing processes on ICT-failure preparedness within the counties and municipalities responsibilities.
A secondary goal of the research is establishing overviews of digital value-chains risk-and resilience work and emergency preparedness due to ICT systems failures in relevant levels of public sector.
- Philip Johannes Brugmans Nyblom, Gaute Wangen, Mazaher Kianpour, Grethe Østby (2020). The Root Causes of Compromised Accounts at the University
- Grethe Østby, Basel Katt (2020). Maturity Modelling to Prepare for Cyber Crisis Escalation and Management
- Grethe Østby, Stewart James Kowalski (2020). Preparing for cyber crisis management exercises
- Grethe Østby, Kieren N. Lovell, Basel Katt (2020). EXCON Teams in Cyber Security Training
- Grethe Østby, Lars Berg, Mazaher Kianpour, Basel Katt, Stewart James Kowalski (2019). A Socio-Technical Framework to Improve cyber security training: A Work in Progress
- Grethe Østby, Basel Katt (2019). Cyber Crisis Management Roles – A Municipality Responsibility Case Study
- Grethe Østby, Muhammad Mudassar Yamin, Bilal AlSabbagh (2019). SIEMS in crisis management: Detection, escalation and presentation – a work in progress