Ph.D. started in: 2016
Expected year of graduation: 2020
COINS consortium member: University of Oslo
Supervised by: Paal Engelstad, Boning Feng, Do Van Thanh
Research area: Network Security
Project title: Towards a Secure, Energy Efficient and Resilient Internet of Things
Project description: As Internet of Things (IoT) has become one of the hottest research topics all around the world in academia, the potential for applying IoT in Industries for business ventures seems to be more promising. However, applying, analyzing, securing and optimizing the performance of IoT through the bio-inspired algorithms and machine learning algorithms opens up the new research direction. Thus, the main aim of this project is to apply novel bio-inspired algorithms and machine learning algorithms to enhance the security, energy efficiency and resilience management in IoT. We further plan to explore fog/cloud computing in IoT which will enhance the services provided by the IoT for real-time applications and supporting critical infrastructure.
We also plan to examine IoT architecture, inter devices interoperability. In addition, we will look into IoT security complexity, threat models, security measures including security challenges and requirements and apply machine learning and human-aided machine learning algorithms as a countermeasure for different security threat and attack models.
- Ashish Rauniyar, Mohammad Irfan, Oka Danil Saputra, Jin Woo Kim, Ah Ra Lee, Jae Min Jang, Soo Young Shin (2017). Design and Development of a Real-Time Monitoring System for Multiple Lead–Acid Batteries Based on Internet of Things
- Ashish Rauniyar, Paal E. Engelstad, Boning Feng, van Thanh Do (2016). Crowdsourcing-based Disaster Management using Fog Computing in Internet of Things Paradigm
- 2nd IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy, Paris, France, 2017
- COINS summer school, Metochi, Greece, 2017
- COINS Ph.D. student seminar, Bergen, Norway, 2016